Sunday 6 April 2014

Cosy Wool for Birds Nests

As you may know from my previous post, I have found a new love for spinning my own yarn! As it is the nesting season, I thought it was an ideal time to share with you an environmentally friendly tip! 
With all the excess strands of fibre that I can't use for my spinning, I have collected together and loosely placed inside a weaved basket I made whilst I was on holiday. After that, I simply hung the basket up on my shed in the garden (hang it where it is visible, and the birds are able to perch nearby), and waited for the birds to appear! The soft wool is a great material for the birds to take away and use to line their nests. 


To my surprise, the very next day, a bird had already taken a liking to the fibre, and was on its second visit when I took this photo! I hope you've found this tip useful! 
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment