Sunday 14 September 2014

Recycling Wool


These colourful creations were actually a scarf belonging to my daughter, and after many winters of keeping Hollie warm and cosy, the scarf wasn't used any more, so I got thinking - how I could reuse the wool as it is such a lovely combination of colours, and it would be shame to waste it.
Whilst carefully unpicking the scarf (lots of patience was required!) I decided to crochet a mini heart cushion for Hollie's bedroom. The yarn which is an aran weight was lovely to work with and as the colour changed quite frequently it gave a striking effect. After adding three buttons for decoration, we were really pleased with the cushion!

For my next project I crocheted a cover for an old jam jar using the same wool. Working out how I was going to crochet a lid cover was easy; I began crocheting a spiral and continued until it was big enough to cover the lid. After a few rounds without increase the number of stitches, I finished off with some scalloped edging! I also added one of my favourite spiral charms to complete the look. I decided to use the cute jam jar to store some of my lovely buttons - simple and easy to make!

I still have 30g of yarn left to make something else, so any ideas?
Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment